Thursday, September 29, 2011

From Maine to Boston

So perfect, just happened on this painting of a rainy day in Boston
by Childe Hassam on the wonderful blog It's About Time.






It is always such a sad day, when my long summer in Maine
comes to a close and I have to say goodbye until next year.
I rush around the house gathering up all of the detritus I have
left in what seems like every room . My anxiety skyrockets
and I get weepy on and off. It's just awful. The car is loaded
to the gills, including a dish garden that I'm carrying home 
with me. It looks like the something out of the Beverly 
Hillbillies. Once I'm in the car and off the island, I begin to 
relax and look forward to what's to come . I drive straight 
to Boston and forget all about Maine when I walk through
the door of my daughter's apartment on Commonwealth Ave. 
and am greeted by the most recent love of my life.