Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Irving Penn

How did he do it ?




First of all these are the most amazing tulips ! I am working on some
tulip photos of my own.  Not bad, but could be
better. It looks a little flat and I think it must have been the lighting.
I'm learning that lighting is everything, well almost. Have ordered
some studio lights and a special tent to photograph in and can't wait to see
what comes of this new equipment. It all about try, try and try again.
I suppose that is really part of the fun of any creative endeavor,
there is always more to learn.





Spritzed this one as Penn must have done.





Irving Penn's flowers are an inspiration. The are lyrical and seem
to move on the page. Really just so amazing. I have no intention
of attempting to mimic his work, as if I ever could. Instead
I want to continue to find my own expression that is authentic to
me. Gazing at these works just fill me with awe and the desire
to pick up my camera and just play around and see what happens.