Spring in New Orleans starts in February with the trees
leafing out. Every year I forget that it crescendos in mid
to late april. I was reminded of this fact this morning
when I took a long stroll through my neighborhood.
Just around the corner I ran into some blooming magnolias. (sorry if your eyes hurt this one is a little
The scent is so heavenly, sort of a cross between citrus blurry)
and a sort of piney fragrance-very fresh. Something you
might like to distill into furniture wax.
I ran into loads of blooming ginger. Why mine is not
flowering is a mystery to me. Everyone else's seems
to be.
This one is just unfurling from a sheath like pod.
So many uptown cottages have at least one large gardenia bush. I've
been nursing one along in a pot. I'm running out of room in my garden,
but I would like to plant it some day.
There are loads of hydrangeas filling out beds.
and agapanthus.
Ferns are popping up at the base of trees.
The coup de grace was coming across this perfect rose.
One of the things that pleases me most is that all of these pictures
were taken with my iphone. God bless Steve Jobs !








