Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cote Ouest






I'm obviously dreaming about France these days. I've taken you on a brief trip to the south and now it's time to head to the west coast. About ten years ago, I spent a month in Brittany and I so wish I'd been blogging then so that I'd have a record of my time there. Somewhere there are photographs....  I  remember the stone house we rented from friends, with blue and white linen slipcovers and a garden filled with flowers and orange trees. The craggy coastline was somewhat reminiscent of Maine but the rocks were black and the water a different shade of blue, darker if memory serves - which it well might not ! These fabulous magazines though horribly expensive are so worth it as they give you an authentic glimpse in to the cultures they portray. One really does feel while perusing their pages that you are taking a trip, though it be only via the imagination, it can be transporting.