Last night, R. and I went to a wonderful restaurant , Cafe Degas . Across the street there is a lovely little park. What struck me dumb were the amazing white caladiums all around the periphery. Just stunning, fresh and mysterious .
It reminded me that white should be de rigueur all summer in New Orleans. It's just too hot for anything else. If I had my druthers, I'd wear this little number by Jill Sander. (worn by Leelee Sobieski. I just can't get over all of the yards of pure white, no frills, just perfection. (image politely borrowed from the wonderful blog Little Augury.
Perhaps I could wear it to a garden party in Vita Sakville West's white garden at Sissinghurst. The thing I love most about white gardens is the way they glow at night.
Or I could wear the dress to a flash picnic in Paris...just saying'



